Review of Australia’s National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme – White Paper
Australia’s Product Stewardship Act requires a five-year review that has been announced but has yet to be initiated. Part of the announced review is an assessment of the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme.
Tim Wilson MP, Federal Member for Goldstein, joined ANZRP CEO Carmel Dollisson on behalf of the Minister for the Environment and Energy, to officially launch ANZRP’s White Paper.
The White Paper includes several recommendations for the Government to consider, including:
- Redefining the volume of available e-waste
- Educating the public on the benefits of product stewardship
- Expanding the products collected
- A greater level of shared responsibility by all stakeholders in the product lifecycle
- Greater transparency within the Scheme itself
Dollisson adds: “The core principle of good product stewardship is that everyone involved in producing, selling, using and disposing of products has a shared responsibility to ensure those products are responsibly recycled.
“That principle has been behind our development of the White Paper. We’re very hopeful that the Review will facilitate greater collaboration and ensure confidence in the e-waste recycling industry.”